Modern Materials Handling 2019 Casebook Collection
Modern Materials Handling Magazine's Editors have put together a collection of case studies from around the industry to highlight new innovations in the warehouse and how they have improved productivity within their respective companies.
Latest NewsU.S. Port Update Part 1: Infrastructure Shortfalls Driving Innovation Oregon Rep. Blumenauer makes move for permanent short-line railroad tax credit UPS is in line to sue EU over failed attempt to acquire TNT Express following court ruling Free seminars on ProMat show floors share materials handling, supply chain knowledge ProMat 2019 International Visitors Center greets, assists attendees from 110 countries More News
This year’s Casebook is not only jam-packed with case studies but also includes the most comprehensive directories available of materials handling equipment manufacturers and related information management technology suppliers.
Modern takes a look inside 32 facilities and provides you with a look at how your peers are solving problems in the areas of Automation, Information Management, Lift Trucks, Packaging, Storage and Warehouse Environment.
It’s our hope that this annual Casebook will continue to inspire the innovation and investment that will keep your warehouse and distribution operation on the road to success for many years to come.
2018 Modern Materials Handling Casebook Entries
- Lesley Cosmetics implements a new vertical carousel
- Hudson’s Bay uses advanced order fulfillment technology
- Next Generation Films automates warehouse
- Buckman Beverage employs dual-axis crane
- GE improves material flow with self-driving vehicles
- AGVs enhance automotive powertrain production
- Thin plate pure lead batteries support walk-in van production
- Order fulfillment system accommodates direct-to-store delivery
- Ultra-rugged mobile computers improve Fiat Chrysler’s customer service
- Chemical manufacturer’s on-time delivery rises to nearly 100%
- Rotary Corp. reconfigures its central distribution center
- Direct Relief’s integrated lithium power carts improve operations
- Forklifts help improve football game day experiences
- Ratto Bros. embraces fleet of electric forklifts
- National retailer activates battery management system
- Fleet management system helps Chicago Tribune monitor impacts
- Vehicle solutions provider streamlines traffic flow
- Automated palletizing system bears fruit for Wonderful Citrus
- Plastic storage bins reduce manufacturer’s storage space by 50%
- Revive IT revamps packaging workflow with on-demand packaging
- Automated stretch wrapping improves a restaurant chain’s distribution
- Fastmile Logistics lowers shipment costs with rubber pallet bands
- Cold storage distributor optimizes rack to continue expansion
- Hall Wines purchases base isolators for future seismic protection
- American Dental Trading automates storage
- Nylon safety netting improves major retailer’s inventory control
- Flexible workstations improve retailer’s operations
- Meggitt Aircraft Systems implements tire carousel system
- Steel Dynamics protects its highly advanced rail welder
- Pharmaceutical facility’s dual-gate system increases productivity
- Dearco Paint & Decorating uses advanced curtain-side technology
- Hydraulic side-lift technology increases worker productivity
Subscribe to Supply Chain Management Review Magazine!Subscribe today. Don't Miss Out!
Get in-depth coverage from industry experts with proven techniques for cutting supply chain costs and case studies in supply chain best practices.
Start Your Subscription Today!
Truck Driver Shortage: No one behind the wheel Intermodal to the rescue View More From this Issue