The Value of Real-Time Visibility and Predictive Intelligence for Supply Chains
January 25, 2017
Think supply chain visibility means EDI? IDC argues, “Supply chains must look beyond traditional EDI-based visibility towards real-time actionable insights and predictive analytics.”
IDC predicts that by 2020, organizations able to analyze all relevant big data analytics and deliver actionable intelligence will achieve an extra $430 billion in productivity benefits over their less analytically oriented peers. So what does this mean for your supply chain?
Download this IDC InfoBrief to learn how IoT-powered real-time insights are providing real value in the supply chain related to:
- Confidently committing inventory in transit
- Quoting accurate times of arrival to customers
- Predicting and avoiding supply chain disruptions
- Coordinating just-in-time hand-offs between trading partners and transportation modes
- Understanding actual carrier performance vs. reported carrier performance
Subscribe to Supply Chain Management Review magazine
cutting supply chain costs and case studies in supply chain best practices. Start Your Subscription Today!